Objective: Students will structure an effective story arc.
1. We completed vocabulary cards for guile and avarice.
2. Language Lab #24
3. Several student took their turns leading the class in discussion about their My Ántonia reading responses.
4. As a class, we discussed how conflicts give universal meaning to stories, and how stories bind together cultures and communities. We then drew questions for response assignment #4.
5. As a class, we went over how to fill out story organization sheet, using Mrs. Craft's example story.
6. We passed off our story proposals with Mrs. Craft and worked independently on our story organization sheets.
For next time: Read pages 67-90 of My Ántonia and complete reading response assignment #4. Also, complete the story organization sheet for your narrative portfolio.