Objective: Students will diagram key points of character and setting exposition in a story.
1. We discussed the importance of group work skills in productive communities and completed a status report (WN p. 81+).
2. With our book groups, we reviewed our reading schedule and set a reading goal for next class period.
3. We read independently for 20 minutes and and completed a reading log.
4. WN #37: Narrative Structure (If you missed class, ask a classmate for the notes.)
5. With our book groups, we created posters that used visuals (+ a interpretive key) to represent at least 5 important pieces of setting or character exposition in the opening scenes of our books.
For next time: Complete the discussion prep sheet for your book group's reading assignment.