Objective: Students will be able to identify details that develop characters and settings.
1. We reviewed the items graded in our first Writer's Notebook check.
2. We learned the meaning of the following terms related to characterization: external characteristics, internal characteristics, direct characterization, indirect characterization, and inference.
3. Writer's Notebook #6: My Character (If you need some help brainstorming possible character traits, here is a list to help you.)
4. Together, we read the first chapter of Seedfolks.
5. We worked independently or in small groups to complete five different close reading tasks for the first chapter of Seedfolks.
6. Exit slip: Turn in Seedfolks character & setting worksheet.
For next time: No homework.